Surest Way to Get Nothing Done: Load Teams to Capacity
- throughput increases slowly
- delay increases quickly
- throughput decreases quickly to zero (congestion collapse)
- delay goes to infinity
- The Peak Throughput Principle: Control occupancy to sustain high throughput in systems prone to congestion.
- The Principle of Visible Congestion: Use forecasts of expected flow time to make congestion visible.
- The Principle of Congestion Pricing: Use pricing to reduce demand during congested periods.