Backcountry PC Gold Points System Hackathon
- Edit, delete and add gift certificates.
- Edit, delete and add event types
- Edit, delete and add events
- Download Gold Points and Reservations to CSV format, filtered by a date range, to evaluate in an Excel file
Some great practices employed and lessons learned (many of the ideas from this post were in force):
- One Responsible Business Process Owner is Gold - It helps tremendously to have one person responsible for the business process describe to the team the business problem that needs to be solved, be available to discuss options and make decisions throughout the development process, and accept the solution as its being developed incrementally.
- The Team Is The Star - The team is more productive than the group of individuals when they share focus and are in constant touch with what they're doing throughout the development process (the whole is greater than the sum of the parts).
- The team is highly productive when it is able to focus on the solution it's developing for an extended, uninterrupted period, as was the case with this team Friday afternoon.
- Invest at The Start - Spending a relatively small amount of time at the beginning of the project to set it up for testing and continuous integration pays huge dividends in the form of allowing the team to add value iteratively throughout the life of the project.